The Merida eSpresso City 300 EQ is any everyday commuting e-bike that has thought of everything and is ready to roll from day one. A great electric commuter bike starts with a great drive unit and battery and Shimano STePS e-bike components are up to the challenge. The Shimano E8010 504Wh battery and E5000 Drive Unit gives you that extra assistance when you pedal so that you can get where you need to go without breaking a sweat. This may be one of the more entry-level bikes in the the eSpresso City range but it still delivers a smooth and reliable ride thanks to the lightweight alloy frame and Suntour Suspension fork.
The geometry puts you in a relaxed and upright position for extra comfort, which is further improved by the wide Continental Contact Plus which are built for comfort. A capable commuter needs to be ready for anything, and the Shimano Hydraulic Disc Brakes give you the precise control needed for the hustle and bustle of the city ,or riding in the wet. No need to spend more on extra accessories as the City is equipped with front and rear lights, a kickstand, rear rack and an Abus 5650 frame lock. The 300 is very similar to the City 200, with the main difference being that the 300 has a 504Wh battery instead of a 418Wh for increased range. The Merida eSpresso City 300 EQ is an e-bike that pairs a good battery and drive unit with a comfortable and easy to mount frame for comfort on every ride.
Prolite 66 Triple Butted Aluminium: Our proven high-end aluminium (6066) is extremely light and durable. Using triple butted wall thicknesses and hydroforming technology, we can tune the aluminium tubes to give the best possible stiffness to weight ratio.
X-Taper Headtube: Using a tapered head tube with 1 1/8″ bearings in the top and 1 1/4″ or 1 1/2″ in the bottom creates superb stiffness and precise, confidence inspiring steering.
Smooth Welding: Sometimes called ‘double pass welding’, a second pass over the weld gives a clean organic look to the frame. At first glance you will be convinced it is carbon.
Internal Cable: Cables are routed through the frame, entering and exiting through smooth sockets. The bike looks neat, whilst the cables are protected from moisture and dirt.
Smart Entry: Cables, housings and brake hoses are clamped under tension to prevent rattling when the trail gets rough. All inlets are completely interchangeable to deal with Di2, hydraulic hoses, brake cable and gear cable housings etc.
01. FRAME eSPRESSO CITY LITE; MAT aluminium
02. SIZES XS(41.5)-S(45)-M(49)-L(53)-XL(57)
03. FORK Suntour NEX-PM-DS; Coil; 63 STR
04. DRIVE UNIT Shimano E5000; 40Nm
05. BATTERY Shimano E8010; 504Wh
06. BATTERY CHARGER Shimano EC-E6002; 2A
07. DISPLAY Shimano SC-E5000
08. REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Altus M2000
09. SHIFTERS Shimano Altus rapidfire
10. BRAKES Shimano MT-200; 2 piston
11. ROTOR – FRONT Shimano RT10; 180 mm
12. ROTOR – REAR Shimano RT10; 160 mm
13. CHAINWHEEL Shimano CRE50; 38 ATC
14. CRANK SIZE Shimano FC-E5010; 170mm
15. CHAIN KMC e9S
16. CASSETTE Shimano HG400; 11-36 ATC; 9 Speed
17. PEDAL VP; VPE-891
18. HANDLEBAR MERIDA EXPERT TK; MAT aluminium; 640 WHB; 35 RHB
19. HANDLEBAR STEM MERIDA EXPERT TK; MAT aluminium; 31.8 DSH; adjustable
20. STEM SIZE 90 mm-XS/S/M, 110 mm-L/XL
21. SEAT POST MERIDA EXPERT TK; 30.9 DSP; 15 SSB; 40 SST
22. SADDLE MERIDA EXPERT TK; V-mount
23. HUB – FRONT Shimano TX505; 100×9 WHF; 32 SPH; Centerlock
24. HUB – REAR Shimano MT400; 142×12 WHR; 36 SPH; Centerlo
Note 1: Product assembly not included.
Note 2: Shipping costs apply for Merida products.